Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media errors

2007-04-12 10:50:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media errors
From: Greg.Hindle at constellation.com (Hindle, Greg)
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:50:16 -0400
nb 5.0 mp7
Solaris 9

I am seeing allot of 84 and 86 errors on one of my masters. This is one
of our oldest with the oldest media as well. We have been just retiring
the media, assuming we are pushing end of life here for the tape. I am
also thinking I might have a bad drive or drives that are causing the
error as well but I am not seing any drives going down in netbackup.
Anyone else have a script or a procedure, checks etc that they use to
identify issues like this?

Greg