Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disk backup - Storage Hardware configurations

2007-04-11 14:35:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disk backup - Storage Hardware configurations
From: dcarlisle at paychex.com (Carlisle, D Renee)
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:35:41 -0400
We are currently using Clariion CX700 disk arrays for B2D.  We did find that
RAID-5 was the best performance for our testing.  We also found that some
environments performed better at 4+1 and some performed better at 7+1.  We are
in the process of migrating off the Clariion on to a IBM/NetApp 5500 Array.  We
will be dusting their RAID 6 configuration.

Rene? Carlisle
Sr. Systems Administrator
675 Basket Road
Webster, NY 14580