Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Odd Question - NBU BAR Utility

2007-04-11 14:19:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Odd Question - NBU BAR Utility
From: comp_geek_gal at yahoo.com (d w)
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:19:43 -0700 (PDT)
Simon -  Are you using the Windows Admin Console or Java console?   The java
requires a username/password - the windows console does not.

  The auth.conf file would only exist if using the Java console.

  If using the windows admin console and seeing different behavior for
different accounts, it may be due to which account you installed NetBackup
using.  If you installed NetBackup on this master server while logged in as
yourself and your account doesn't have domain admin rights - then your specific
account would be the only one to have administrative authority on the machine.
 If your account does have domain admin rights - then any account with those
rights should be able to administer NetBackup.

  A work around may be to just setup the java console - then you can give them
rights in the auth.conf file.  Or you could install the windows admin console
on his/her local machine and add that machine name to the servers list on the
master server...

"WEAVER, Simon (external)" <simon.weaver at astrium.eads.net> wrote:
      hi Mate
  Yes, just mentioned to Paul, that file is not present on any master / media
server.

  Im running nbu 5.1 - but I found a technote, which describes my problem, but
relates to the Java Console only!

  In this case, its the Master Server that the issue seems to be appearing

  Regards
  Simon Weaver
3rd Line Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator