Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VmWare/VCB and Netbackup

2007-04-03 10:12:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VmWare/VCB and Netbackup
From: briandiven at northwesternmutual.com (briandiven AT northwesternmutual DOT com)
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 09:12:32 -0500
Where are you taking your backups to - physical tape?  Are you motivated
to do this to reduce your licensing costs?  What is the restore
scenario?  Do you see a need for BMR?

We are also looking into this and using a NetApp Filer ... any thoughts
on Fiber vs. iSCSI vs. NFS?  I'm wondering if this is a sales pitch or a
legitimate offering.

Brian