Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrading a 6.0 master server

2007-03-30 11:40:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading a 6.0 master server
From: glen.collins at rhi.com (Collins, Glen (HQP))
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 08:40:28 -0700
This might be of some use for you.

It is recommended to have all NetBackup (NB) master, media, client, and
database extensions on the same release and at the same patch level.  In
larger environments it is not possible to update all servers and clients
simultaneously. With versions of NetBackup preceding 4.5, it was
required that all master and media servers be at the same patch level.
Beginning with NetBackup DataCenter 4.5, there has been some support for
running mixed patch level versions of 4.5.  These same rules have been
carried forward to NetBackup 5.1. This type of support enables NetBackup
servers to run a mixture of NetBackup major releases and patches in the
same environment. This philosophy gives rise to a number of general
multi-version co-existence rules, together with some version-specific
rules.

TECHNOTE: http://support.veritas.com/docs/264767
<http://support.veritas.com/docs/264767>

Glen Collins