Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrading a 6.0 master server

2007-03-30 11:09:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading a 6.0 master server
From: JMARTI05 at intersil.com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 11:09:59 -0400
I doubt you can bounce a 6.0 master while a media is running anything.
In my experience that kills anything running immediately.  (6.0MP4 all
the way around here.)  As far as client being ahead of the master, you
*can* do it, but your asking for trouble.  If there is a client and
server bug fix your trying to accomplish your potentially going to make
things worse by applying the fix to only one end.  In the end its always
a tough call.  Lose backup data trying to fix a problem versus live with
the problem for a while.  There's just never a good time for server
outages.

-Jonathan