Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How can I retrieve files backed up from backup id (from command line)

2007-03-29 11:59:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How can I retrieve files backed up from backup id (from command line)
From: Jeffrey_Dykzeul at raytheon.com (Jeffrey Dykzeul)
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 08:59:00 -0700
I am using NBU6 in a Solaris enviroment. To get file list info I do the
following

      (assuming  BID = backup ID, in your case "nydux-25k106_1171691274")

      # JOBID=`bpimagelist   -L  -backupid  $BID  |  grep "Job ID"  | awk
'{print  $3}'`
      # cat  /usr/openv/netbackup/db/jobs/ffilelogs/${JOBID}.f

The *.f file is the file list for the backup image.

jd

             Chris.Romano at laza
             rd.com
             veritas-bu-bounce         veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu
             s at mailman.eng.aub                                          cc
             urn.edu
                                                                   Subject
                                       [Veritas-bu] How can I retrieve
             03/29/2007 07:38          files backed up from backup id
             AM                        (from command line)

The bpimagelist command gives me the following for images created on a
specific
day for a particular policy:

   IMAGE nydux-25k106 0 0 7 nydux-25k106_1171691274 nydux-25k106 0 *NULL*
root
   database

Does anyone know if there is a command to retrieve the actual files backed
up
(or even better, the list of directories passed to the bpbackup command to
be
backed up)?
I would like to input the backup id (nydux-25k106_1171691274) and get more
info
on what was being backed up (but on the command line, not the GUI).

Thanks,
Chris.

Veritas-bu maillist  -  Veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu