Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS number for HP LTO3 drives [C1]

2007-03-23 12:06:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS number for HP LTO3 drives [C1]
From: bobbyrjw at comcast.net (bobbyrjw AT comcast DOT net)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 16:06:37 +0000
I am using 524288 in Solaris 9, NB5.1mp4 environment.  I have mixed LTO-3 and
LTO-2 drives on same hosts and in the same library.

Have gotten over 120MB/sec sustained for 25 minutes in production on the
LTO-3's (had to multiplex across hosts and NC's, with a destage from DSSU to
get that high).  Normally sustain 40-45MB/sec on the LTO-2's with the same
settings.

Bobby.

From: misha.pavlov at sgcib.com