Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO3 [C1]

2007-03-22 18:12:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO3 [C1]
From: Hesham.AFIFI at sgcib.com (Hesham.AFIFI AT sgcib DOT com)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 18:12:35 -0400
Hi All

I have a question regarding LTO3 performance

>From the NBU Administrative console I see the speed between 5000 KB -
15000 KB

My environment is as follow

Netbackup Version : 5.1 MP4

OS: Solaris 8 on All Master and Media servers

Library : STK L700 with 10 LTO3

Files

NET_BUFFER_SZ   is setup to 131072 on Client and Media Server

SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS   131072  on all Media servers

NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS is setup  64

We do in-line copies ' two '  and our multiplexing number is 15 and 20 for
some policies

Do you think if I increase these numbers in NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS,
SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS it might increase the overall performance

Best Regards
Hesham Afifi
ITEC- GLS- SYSTEMS-UNIX
212-278-6212 (office)
917-609-5312 (pager/Cell)

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and
intended solely for the addressees.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates
shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.