Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrading to 6.0 planning

2007-03-21 22:13:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading to 6.0 planning
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 21:13:56 -0500
On 3/21/2007 12:36 PM, Hindle, Greg wrote:
> Solaris 9 nb 5.p mp6
>
> We are starting the process planning to go from 5.0 to 6.0. We currently
> have 1 master and 6 media servers.  Would anyone like to share their
> plans in upgrading? Did you setup a separate set of 6.0 servers and then
> import the db? Did you make a copy of your 5.0 hard disks for safe
> keeping and then performed the upgrade on the original disks keeping the
> new ones for a fall back? Anything would be helpful.

We went from 5.1 to 6.0.  We shut down, took good backups, and then
upgraded the only systems we had.  Log a call with Veritas before you
start to let them know you're doing the upgrade, plan it well in
advance, clearly do all of the pre-req stuff first, and leave yourself
time to fight any EMM battles when you're done.  You should be okay...

We only had 2 media servers to upgrade - one Solaris and one Windows.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP
Mounds View, MN, USA