Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Number of restore tape drives

2007-03-21 14:24:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Number of restore tape drives
From: mitch.lien at medtronic.com (Lien, Mitch)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 13:24:32 -0500
Hi.

We have a Netbackup 5.1 MP6 master/media server with 8 tape drives.

We run a large standard backup (1.5 TB data size w/multistreaming and no
multiplexing) that uses all 8 of the drives during the backup. The
backups run successfully and we have no problem in this area.

We see an issue when we attempt to perform a full restore of the above
mentioned data. When the restore process occurs, all 8 drives are
populated and the restore starts and appears to be laying data down on
the client. Because all 8 of the drives are in use, all other backup
jobs sit in the queue and cannot run.

Is there anyway to limit the number of drives the restore will use
during the restore process? Is there a "touch" file or a configuration
we could put in place to accomplish this?

Thanks for the help.