Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exclusion lists based on policy?

2007-03-21 12:46:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exclusion lists based on policy?
From: ckstehman at pepco.com (ckstehman AT pepco DOT com)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:46:20 -0400
Ellis;

Here is some info on excluding files.  Go to Google and search on
exclude_list., there is an entire document about it

The syntax of the include_list and exclude_list configuration is the same
across all of the platforms that are supported (Macintosh, UNIX or
Windows).  For all UNIX platforms and MacOSX the files for inclusion and
exclusion are always located as /usr/openv/netbackup/include_list and
/usr/openv/netbackup/exclude_list. The files on MacOS 7.x ? 9.x are to be
found in the installed directory (usually in the /System
Folder/Preferences/NetBackup/ folder). In Windows, the files are edited
through the NetBackup application by going following pull-down menu:
Actions->Configure->Exclude List or Include List..
=============================
Carl Stehman
IT Distributed Services Team
Pepco Holdings, Inc.
202-331-6619
Pager 301-765-2703
ckstehman at pepco.com

"Ellis, Jason" <Jason.Ellis at indymacbank.com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces at mailman.eng.auburn.edu
03/21/2007 12:29 PM

veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu
cc

Subject
[Veritas-bu] Exclusion lists based on policy?

Is there a way to setup an exclusion list for an entire policy? Currently
we are using the directive ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES to backup our clients.
However, we?d like to exclude C:\ and system state information as we don?t
perform bare metal restores in our environment, but want to ensure we
backup all the ?data? drives. What makes it difficult is that in our
environment there is no standard, so one system might have only a D:\
drive, while another system might have a D:\, E:\, and F:\ drive. Being
able to use ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES and excluding C:\ and system state would be
helpful.

Thanks in advanced!

Jason Ellis
Technical Consultant, Data Protection Team
IndyMac Bank, La Mirada Datacenter
Phone: (714) 520-3414
Mobile: (714) 889-8734
Veritas-bu maillist  -  Veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu

This Email message and any attachment may contain information that is
proprietary, legally privileged, confidential and/or subject to copyright
belonging to Pepco Holdings, Inc. or its affiliates ("PHI").  This Email is
intended solely for the use of the person(s) to which it is addressed.  If
you are not an intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivery of this Email to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately
notify the sender and permanently delete this Email and any copies.  PHI
policies expressly prohibit employees from making defamatory or offensive
statements and infringing any copyright or any other legal right by Email
communication.  PHI will not accept any liability in respect of such
communications.