Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Migrating a media server, HOWTO?

2007-03-19 19:22:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Migrating a media server, HOWTO?
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:22:27 -0500
On 3/19/2007 1:35 PM, Justin Piszcz wrote:
> Has anyone taken a 6.0 media server on one box and since it had to be
> released, you 'migrate' it to newer hardware with the same settings?
>
> Does anything special need to be done?  I have done this on numerous
> occasions with 5.1, but not 6.0.

We've done it on Windows and it wasn't too bad - just install a new OS,
install NetBackup, copy over a few touch files, and you're done.  This
was back in the fall and Veritas was on site helping with our MP4
upgrade (which we did at the same time) so I don't remember all the
details, but it was relatively painless.  The painful parts were the EMM
changes caused by MP4 that we didn't plan for.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org