Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup jobs not kicking off any more....

2007-03-13 15:31:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup jobs not kicking off any more....
From: cjmanders at lbl.gov (Christopher Jay Manders)
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:31:40 -0700
Hi,

Thanks for the responses so far. Doug, yours comes close to what support
has suggested, and we have tried it. More on that below... Still no go... :(

A couple of new facts:
1 - We are on Solaris, but it is similar enuf for the below.
2 - We are at 6.0 MP4
3 - We did the following steps, which add to the step you mention below:

 Stop NetBackup by exiting any open NetBackup consoles and issuing the
following command:

# /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/netbackup stop

- After NetBackup has stopped, run the following command to check for
hung NetBackup processes:

# usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpps -a

- Using kill -9 command, stop any remaining hung processes that are
listed by the bpps command.

- Verify that all Netbackup processes have been properly terminated.

- Remove the pempersist file: (Note: I would recommend just renaming the
original file, or make a copy of this file before proceeding)

The pempersist file location is as follows:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpsched.d/

- Remove the retirepersist file: (Note: I would recommend just renaming
the original file, or make a copy of this file before proceeding)

The retirepersist file location is as follows:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpsched.d/

- Remove the bpjobd.act.db file: (Note: I would recommend just renaming
the original file, or make a copy of this file before proceeding)

The bpjobd.act.db file location is as follows:

/usr/openv/netbackup/db/jobs/bpjobd.act.db

- Start NetBackup again:

# /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/netbackup start

So far nothing seems to be working at all. Still no jobs get Queued or
Active. Nothing at all appears in the Activity Monitor.

Any other ideas?

I am almost ready to start pulling my hair out.

Tx!!!

--Chris