Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tapes freezing

2007-03-09 13:21:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tapes freezing
From: JMARTI05 at intersil.com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 13:21:40 -0500
I have two Netbackup 6.0 MP4 Masters & 3 Media servers on Windows 2003 using
Quantum PX502s (2 Native Fiber LTO3 drives each) shared via SSO.  The only
robot related issue I've had so far is the PX502 "freezing" which causes
Netbackup to do all sort of things.  I'd upgrade to v26 of the library image
and there is a v27 out (you have to go Quantum support to get it) which both
deal with the issue of the library "hanging."  I haven't seen NBU freeze a
media yet, but its definitely possible.  I have seen Netbackup thinking a media
is in a slot when its in a drive... 1 drive being "up" while the same drive is
down on another path etc...

-Jonathan