Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up ZFS snapshots

2007-03-08 17:04:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up ZFS snapshots
From: mlv03 at healthresearch.org (Mike L. Varney)
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 17:04:55 -0500
I would think you could specify the hidden directory on the command line
to back up the snapshot directory.  It wouldnt be the matter of the backup
client not getting access to the directory; the hidden directory just
doesn't show up when the client is iterating thru the filesystem.

-- M

Alexander Skwar <listen at alexander.skwar.name>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces at mailman.eng.auburn.edu
03/08/2007 04:54 PM
Please respond to
veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu

cc
veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Backing up ZFS snapshots

Mike L. Varney schrieb:

> NetBackup would happily backup the symlink as if it were an individual
> file.  It would not follow the link.

Exactly.

> What if you started the backup as a User Backup from the client at the
> end of your script which created the snapshot?

Hm, interesting idea. What should the client then specify to backup?
I mean, which directory?

Alexander Skwar
--
If you remove stricture from a large Perl program currently, you're just
installing delayed bugs, whereas with this feature, you're installing an
Veritas-bu maillist  -  Veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu