Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Adding second master server NBU 6.0 MP4

2007-03-07 18:30:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Adding second master server NBU 6.0 MP4
From: dominik_pietrzykowski at toll.com.au (Dominik Pietrzykowski)
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 10:30:29 +1100

> I am in the process of building a new server to act as a second master
server in NBU 6.0 MP4.  Can more than one master server share the same EMM

> database server?

No

> Or would I be better off to have separate EMM databases for each master
server?

Yes

> I have plans to partition my Adic Scalar I2000 in to two partitions and
split the drives and tape slots 60/40 between the two masters.

> Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Why not make it a media server instead ????   Save money on licenses, more
robust solution since you would have more media servers.

You could put them into a storage group.  You could also leave the
master/media as just a master server and the new one as a media

Server. Depends on the specs of the boxes. I don't recommend using
master/media servers because when you need to do work on the media

server and or tape library you can be taking out your master as well. Where
as when you have a separate master and media servers it's all modular

and independent and easier to work on.

Cheers,

Dom

  _____

I am in the process of building a new server to act as a second master
server in NBU 6.0 MP4.  Can more than one master server share the same EMM
database server?   Or would I be better off to have separate EMM databases
for each master server?

I have plans to partition my Adic Scalar I2000 in to two partitions and
split the drives and tape slots 60/40 between the two masters.

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Doug Preston
Systems Engineer
Land America Tax and Flood Services
Phone 626-339-5221 Ext 104
Email  dlpreston at landam.com

--------
NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission may constitute a communication
that is legally privileged. It is not intended for transmission to, or
receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If you have received this electronic
mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without
copying it, and notify the sender by reply e-mail, so that our address
record can be corrected.
--------