Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] backup of linux client finishes with warning

2007-03-06 15:20:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] backup of linux client finishes with warning
From: jlightner at water.com (Jeff Lightner)
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 15:20:03 -0500
Exit status or error code?

A 1 exit status typically means you tried to back up something you
couldn't.   You can avoid these by adding them to your exclude list.
The activity monitor job detail should show you what caused the message.

On our RHEL AS 3 systems though we don't exclude anything other than
/mnt/cdrom and things like that.   (On the 2.6 kernels like RHELA AS 4
we have to exclude /sys.)   I don't get a 1 exit status on those jobs.