Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB Enterprise Server 5.1 MP3 - Jobs are queuing

2007-03-05 11:58:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB Enterprise Server 5.1 MP3 - Jobs are queuing
From: pkeating at bank-banque-canada.ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 11:58:44 -0500
so you have 6 virtual robots, with 20 drives each, or 120 drives.

How are the drives provisioned?

I assume your VTL has the 120 drives shared out of 2, 4, 6 HBA ports, and the
drives appear as 20-60 LUNs per HBA.

are you using LUN masking on the hosts to allow them to see a fixed number of
drives each?

if you're just using basic zoning, one of your media servers might be reserving
the entire "port", so other media servers zoned to the same port cannot run any
backups, hence its jobs queue...

It doesn't sound like an obvious misconfiguration.

Paul