Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB Enterprise Server 5.1 MP3 - Jobs are queuing

2007-03-05 10:24:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB Enterprise Server 5.1 MP3 - Jobs are queuing
From: Kevin.Whittaker at syniverse.com (Kevin Whittaker)
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 10:24:39 -0500
Ok,  Let me see if I can explain.  I have a L700E with 11 Tape drives.
We recently purchased a EMC CDL720 (Virtual Tape Drive Unit), which I
can configure as multiple virtual robots.  I have configured 6 L700
silos with 20 drives in each robot.  I have been spreading them over the
32 media servers that I currently have.  Well, the master server I have
does all my vaulting, so I have configured 4 tape drives from each of
the 6 virtual silos.  One of the main reasons for this new VTL is I am
running out tape drive resources over the weekends, and figured having
24 tape drives it would help resolve it.

Let's first start with.... Yes, I have tested the Virtual silos and they
do perform backups and restores.  So when I move the backups to the
silos, they don't all run at the same time.  I notice that the jobs are
queuing, and there are available tape drives?!?

I checked with VERITAS and they say there is no license that would stop
me from running a certain amount of backups at a time.

Kevin Whittaker