Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 58 Error

2007-02-28 22:59:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 58 Error
From: Daniel.Jimenez at indymacbank.com (Jimenez, Daniel)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 19:59:27 -0800
Hello everyone

I have a question regarding an error I am receiving on a server running
netbackup 5.1 on a windows NetBackup environment . I'm attempting to
troubleshoot an issue with a server that keeps failing backups with a 58
error. I was able to telnet to port 13724 from the client and was able
to telnet to port 13782 from the media server. When I open up the host
properties for the server on the master server it opens up fine. I also
created the bpcd log directory on the client and a log file was created
but not sure what to look for in the log file that will tell me if there
is a problem. I am new to this in depth troubleshooting so any help
would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Daniel Jimenez