Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU v6: Unable to see barcode reader

2007-02-28 06:40:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU v6: Unable to see barcode reader
From: FGreenhough at faritec.com (Fiona Greenhough)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 13:40:41 +0200
Hi All

NetBackup v6 MP4 on Windows 2003 with Microsoft Cluster.

Library is an IBM TS3200 with LTO III tape drives.  The correct library
drivers and tape drivers have been installed under the operating system.
Firmware level has been confirmed against the support matrix.

Installation of NetBackup was successful under the cluster.  Fails over
with no problems.  Can see the library and tape devices from both the OS
and NetBackup.  When we run an inventory we get question marks instead
of barcodes.  We have logged a call with Symantec and they requested
that we run robtest in debug mode which reports that there is not
barcode reader on this library.  Via the web interface and the IBM tools
we can see the barcode reader and the barcodes.

Is there anyone out there who has worked with this library and can help
me or any other suggestions.  We are currently now checking switch,
fibre card, etc firmware to see if this might be causing the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Fiona Greenhough
Faritec Enterprise Solutions (Pty) Limited
www.faritec.com <http://www.faritec.com/>

Faritec House
150 Kelvin Drive
Woodmead

Switchboard: +27 11 800 7400
Direct: +27 11 800 7595
Fax: +27 11 800 7550
Cell: +27 082 338 4754
Email: mailto:fgreenhough at faritec.com <mailto:fgreenhough at faritec.com>

DISCLAIMER:
This message may contain information which is confidential, private or
privileged in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not
peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or file which is
attached to this message. If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately by e-mail, facsimile or telephone and thereafter
return and/or destroy the original message.

Any views of this communication are those of the sender except where the sender
specifically states them to be those of Faritec (Holdings)  Limited (Faritec)
and/or  any of its subsidiaries including (but not limited to) Faritec
Enterprise Solutions (Proprietary) Limited, Faritec Strategic IT Services
(Proprietary) Limited, Faritec Contracting (Proprietary) Limited, Ebis and/or
any of its subsidiaries.

Please note that the recipient must scan this e-mail and any attached files for
viruses and the like. While we do everything possible to protect information
from viruses, Faritec accepts no liability of whatever nature for any loss,
liability, damage or expense resulting directly or indirectly from the access
and/or downloading of any files which are attached to this e-mail message.

This e-mail was checked by the e-Sweeper Service.
For more information visit our website, Clearswift Corporation e-Sweeper :
http://www.mimesweeper.com/products/esweeper/