Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] host side LUN masking - Solaris with leadville driver

2007-02-26 14:42:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] host side LUN masking - Solaris with leadville driver
From: pkeating at bank-banque-canada.ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:42:30 -0500
Is anybody doing host side LUN masking on Solaris boxes with the
leadville driver?

F'rinstance:

Library with multiple SCSI tape drives + robot and an single connected
FC-SCSI bridge.

The bridge presents 4 tape drives and robot as 5 LUNs on a single WWN,
connected to the fabric

You want one media server to see the robot and the first two drives and
another media server to see the other two drives.....so you have 2
drives per media server, without using SSO.

Other drivers, like the qla23xx with SANSurfer will do it, but the
leadville doen't seem to have a similar functionality, so I'm looking to
do it manuall in the qlc.conf, but I'm not having much luck finding any
examples.

Only other option I can think of is to do the boot -r on both, seeing
all the devices, then blow away the /dev/rmt entries on each respective
media server for the drives I don't want it to see.

Paul

La version fran?aise suit le texte anglais.

This email may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and the Bank
of
Canada does not waive any related rights. Any distribution, use, or copying of
this
unauthorized. If you received this email in error please delete it immediately
from

Le pr?sent courriel peut contenir de l'information privil?gi?e ou
confidentielle.
La Banque du Canada ne renonce pas aux droits qui s'y rapportent. Toute
diffusion,
personne autre que le ou les destinataires d?sign?s est interdite. Si vous
recevez
ce courriel par erreur, veuillez le supprimer imm?diatement et envoyer sans
d?lai ?
l'exp?diteur un message ?lectronique pour l'aviser que vous avez ?limin? de
votre
ordinateur toute copie du courriel re?u.