Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] EMM Service cannot start

2007-02-21 09:36:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] EMM Service cannot start
From: StumpB at michigan.gov (Bob Stump)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:36:12 -0500
NEW FEATURE in 6.0

If there is a problem with just 1 little ol' single tapedrive.....
Guess what???

ltid will crap out.

GREAT!!! huh?

I had a tapedrive go bad yesterday. Ltid would start, then crap out. I
deleted the tapedrive and ltid was then happy and would come up AND stay
up!
I'm happy. Are you happy?

>>> "Anas Kayal" <anas at up.org.qa> 2/21/2007 2:55 AM >>>

 Heres exactly what happened: I received a new license key and entered
it. After that I was asked to restart NetBackup services (as usual) I
did bpdown and Netbackup hung. I restarted the entire machine.  Now when
I try to start NB console it opens the default page but when I try
accessing Activity Monitor is hangs for a while then tells me cannot
connect to Enterprise Media Manager.System log returns a emm cannot
initialize. I recently upgraded from 5.1 MP5 to 6.0 MP4 and it was a
smooth upgrade. I removed the key that I recently added. This is a
critical problem and I already contacted my Symantec support. Any
ideas?? Anas
This mail has been scanned by Symantec Mail Security for SMTP at
UP.ORG.QA