Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] EMM Service cannot start

2007-02-21 02:55:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] EMM Service cannot start
From: anas at up.org.qa (Anas Kayal)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:55:33 +0300

Heres exactly what happened:

1.      I received a new license key and entered it.
2.      After that I was asked to restart NetBackup services (as usual)
3.      I did bpdown and Netbackup hung.
4.      I restarted the entire machine.

Now when I try to start NB console it opens the default page but when I
try accessing Activity Monitor is hangs for a while then tells me cannot
connect to Enterprise Media Manager.

System log returns a emm cannot initialize.

I recently upgraded from 5.1 MP5 to 6.0 MP4 and it was a smooth upgrade.
I removed the key that I recently added.

This is a critical problem and I already contacted my Symantec support.

Any ideas??

Anas

This mail has been scanned by Symantec Mail Security for SMTP at UP.ORG.QA