Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Frozen tape characteristics?

2007-02-16 17:13:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Frozen tape characteristics?
From: wts at maine.edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 17:13:50 -0500
Frozen tapes can still be read.

For example, my Frozen tapes are still selected by Vault for copying.
The "read" of data off the Frozen tape is a "restore" of sorts.

Frozen is like Suspended (NetBackup will no longer write to it), except
that it's "sticky" when the images on the tape expire.

Vault, at least v5.1 uses "Suspend" to help manage its output tapes.

cheers, wayne