Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RAW partition restore to alternate location

2007-02-16 05:45:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RAW partition restore to alternate location
From: rolfcolmer at hotmail.com (Rolf C)
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 10:45:00 +0000
Is it possible to redirect a raw partition backup to an alternate location on a
Windows client?

F.e. I do a RAW backup from mountpoint \\.\c:\temp\mount and i want to restore
it to \\.\J:

I receive the following error message "WRN - can't open raw device:
\\.\j:/\\.\c:\Temp\mount\ (NULL) (WIN32 2: The system cannot find the file
specified. )"

I also tried to restore from a backup made of \\.\m: to \\.\j: resulting in the
same error.

Thanks
Windows Live? Messenger 8.1 is here! Download now.
http://g.msn.com/8reen_us/EN/INSTALL_MSN_MESSENGER_DL.EXE