Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] FW: BPRECOVER

2007-02-14 15:15:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] FW: BPRECOVER
From: james.soliday at dlt.com (James Soliday)
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:15:30 -0500
So I am trying to recover a catalog from a Solaris Master server to a
Windows box that will become the master once I get everything moved
over.  I am able to run bprecover with the -dhost switch, and it
completes successfully (see out put below).   But when I open the admin
GUI on the new Windows server I have nothing? No images, not catalog
fiels, etc...Both servers are on 5.0 MP3 and the Windows box is a fresh
install.  Am I missing something here to get the Windows GUI to have all
the files moved over???

Any suggestions.  Thanks.

***FROM WINDOWS COMMAND PROMPT ***

F:\Program Files\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>bprecover -l -dpath
F:\Veritas\Catalogs

Database Backup Information from C:\Catalogs

Created:      02/14/07 08:46:19

Server:       scw2k3dc02

            Path

            ----

IMAGE1      SOLARIS_MASTER:/veritas/openv/netbackup/db

IMAGE2      SOLARIS_MASTER:/veritas/openv/volmgr/database

IMAGE3      SOLARIS_MASTER:/veritas/openv/var

F:\Program Files\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>bprecover -r -dpath
F:\Veritas\Catalogs

-dhost WINDOWS_SOON_TO_BE_MASTER

Recover SOLARIS_MASTER:/veritas/openv/netbackup/db to host
WINDOWS_SOON_TO_BE_MASTER y/n (n)? y

Recovering SOLARIS_MASTER:/veritas/openv/netbackup/db to host
WINDOWS_SOON_TO_BE_MASTER

Recover SOLARIS_MASTER:/veritas/openv/volmgr/database to host
WINDOWS_SOON_TO_BE_MASTER y/n (n)? y

Recovering SOLARIS_MASTER:/veritas/openv/volmgr/database to host
WINDOWS_SOON_TO_BE_MASTER

Recover SOLARIS_MASTER:/veritas/openv/var to host
WINDOWS_SOON_TO_BE_MASTER y/n (n)? y

Recovering SOLARIS_MASTER:/veritas/openv/var to host
WINDOWS_SOON_TO_BE_MASTER

F:\Program Files\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>cd ..

F:\Program Files\NetBackup\bin>bpup -f

NetBackup 5.0GA -- Startup Utility

Starting services

Start up completed successfully.