Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] status 202, 205, 219 and 58

2007-02-14 12:47:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] status 202, 205, 219 and 58
From: dpreston at LANDAM.com (Preston, Douglas L)
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 12:47:32 -0500
What I found out when I was getting tthese errors was someone on the
network was doing scans of the servers for hardware and software and it
was doing reset on the network card and sometimes on the HBA's on the
master server and the media servers.  We had them block scans on the
netbackup master and media servers and the problem went away on master
and three of the media servers.  The forth media server was a different
story.

I still had one server that sometimes has an issue but it is one of
those 900 million small files on 2 1tb and 5 500gb luns.  The error I
see is network error, but I really suspect the cpu and memory usage
creats a long delay for data communication and netbackup thinks the
network went down.  Even if the network went down the backup should
continue since this is a san media server with fiber connections to the
sso drives.

What fixed this server was to break up the drives into multiple streams
so that the file list was not so large as to cause memeory swapping to
disk.

Doug Preston
Systems Engineer
Land America Tax and Flood Services
Phone 626-339-5221 Ext 104
Email  dlpreston at landam.com

NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission may constitute a communication
that is legally privileged. It is not intended for transmission to, or
receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If you have received this
electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system
without copying it, and notify the sender by reply e-mail, so that our
address record can be corrected.