Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] status 202, 205, 219 and 58

2007-02-14 10:32:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] status 202, 205, 219 and 58
From: pkeating at bank-banque-canada.ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:32:01 -0500
Yeah, that's definitely not the case.

The Netbackup Master and Media servers are connected to their own VLANs,
but directly conencted to the core switch. Since we pull data in from
clients attached to edge switches, we did not want to congest things by
forcing traffic out through a truck to another edge switch where the
backup servers live.
So since our core network is not going down, I have no reason to believe
it's a network issue. ;o)

And no, not DSSU, this is in fact a pair of Storagetek L700 libraries,
pure fiber connectivity....and both libraries (about 5 STUs per robot)
are going down. Even the NDMP backups (tapes connected direct to the
filers) get the 219, as well as the jobs that are running on the STUs
for the media server that lives on the master server.

The only thing that continues to run is the couple of remote WAN clients
that are writing to a DSSU that's on DAS on the master.

The 58s were the original poster, not me...

Paul

--

La version fran?aise suit le texte anglais.

This email may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and the Bank
of
Canada does not waive any related rights. Any distribution, use, or copying of
this
unauthorized. If you received this email in error please delete it immediately
from

Le pr?sent courriel peut contenir de l'information privil?gi?e ou
confidentielle.
La Banque du Canada ne renonce pas aux droits qui s'y rapportent. Toute
diffusion,
personne autre que le ou les destinataires d?sign?s est interdite. Si vous
recevez
ce courriel par erreur, veuillez le supprimer imm?diatement et envoyer sans
d?lai ?
l'exp?diteur un message ?lectronique pour l'aviser que vous avez ?limin? de
votre
ordinateur toute copie du courriel re?u.