Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Migrate catalog from Windows to Solaris

2007-02-13 07:47:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Migrate catalog from Windows to Solaris
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 06:47:23 -0600
On 2/13/2007 6:41 AM, Justin Piszcz wrote:
> Wow, yikes..  What about tapes? If I backup data using MPX or not using
> a windows master/media server, I should be able to read it via a
> Solaris/UNIX media/master server correct? I assume this only concerns
> the catalog?

MPX doesn't play a factor since you can't mix a standard Unix file
backup (type 0) with a Windows file backup (type 13) on the same tape.

If you restore a Windows text file to a Unix system, you'll have to do a
dos2unix conversion on it.

There is no way that you can expect NetBackup to make a guess as to
whether the file is binary or plain text and attempt to rewrite line
terminations.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA