Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Using Windows SMTP to send email notifications

2007-02-12 16:00:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Using Windows SMTP to send email notifications
From: JMARTI05 at intersil.com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:00:49 -0500
If you want to send custom output and you want to get really crazy you
can telnet into port 25 on an SMTP server and send the commands  Here's
something I google'd.

http://www.yuki-onna.co.uk/email/smtp.html

Better get lots of practice:  telnet smtp.host.com 25

Of course, there are issues with different versions of SMTP servers, and
sending HTML versus normal text etc... BLAT simplifies this a bit for
*me* ... blat + a few command options + message.txt and it takes care of
all the negotiation and transmission for me.

If you just want the standard emails from Netbackup when jobs fail /
succeed on clients then I'd look that up in the admin book.  Its got
nothing to do with BLAT.

-Jonathan