Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Experience Backup DiskXtender volumes?

2007-02-09 17:37:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Experience Backup DiskXtender volumes?
From: rolfcolmer at hotmail.com (Rolf C)
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 22:37:53 +0000
Does anyone has experience with the backup of EMC DiskXtender volumes
(stubfiles)

We have a server with DiskXtender running. On a volume we have 10 million
stubfiles with extended attributes that contain the link between the original
file and the archived file. We tried to manage it to backup the stubfiles but
then it seems that the extended attributes are lost. We tried to split a copy
(DMX BCV and mount it to a Media Server) but the same problem after the restore.

How do i create a true raw backup (without assigning the volume a driveletter
or mountpoint?)

We are using Netbackup 6.0MP4 on Windows 2003 and DiskXtender 6.1

Thanks
Personalize your Live.com homepage with the news, weather, and photos you care
about.
http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx?icid=T001MSN30A0701