Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Changing Netbackup Master Hardware

2007-02-09 04:17:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Changing Netbackup Master Hardware
From: hullo_daniel at hotmail.com (Daniel Goh)
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 17:17:55 +0800
Hi Justin,

Current Master:
Hostname: NBUData
Alias: NBUMaster

New Master:
Hostname:NBUDB
Alias: NBUMaster

After copying over the catalogs, I started NBU and everything was ok.
I am able to see the policies, storage units and backups ran.
But under the device management, I can't see anything and got the cannot find
gdb error.
Then I tried to set the gdbhost.
I have tried to run it <tpautoconf -set_gdbhost NBUMaster and got the error
that I can't set the gdbhost.
Something about permission not granted.
Then I tried to do a tpautoconf -upgrade and was told that the MM Server Name
is NBUDB.
So I  proceeded to change the hostname to NBUMaster and did a reboot.
After that I still get the same error.
There is no domain set in this environment.

However I have not yet connected the library unto the new master yet.
Thus ltid is not able to start. Only vmd is started.
Do I need to connect up the library to enable ltid?

> Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 04:05:46 -0500> From: jpiszcz at lucidpixels.com> To:
> hullo_daniel at hotmail.com> CC: veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu>
> Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Changing Netbackup Master Hardware> > Run this:> >
> /usr/openv/> > or C:\usr\openv> > vmglob -set_gdbhost master.server.name.com>
> > Justin.> > On Fri, 9 Feb 2007, Daniel Goh wrote:> > > Hi guys,> >> > Am
> attempting to change a Netbackup Master's platform.> > It is from Unix to
> another flavor of Unix.> >> > Can I just copy the> > /usr/openv/netbackup/db>
> > /usr/openv/volmgr/database> > /usr/openv/var> > from the old server to the
> new server and expect it to work?> >> > Previous encounters from others
> encountered "cannot set gdb host" when trying to set the gdb host after just
> copying the catalogs over.> > If the current setup is a master/media server,
> can I change the new setup to a master only server?> > Or is it not possible
> as the media DB is difficult to change in this case?> >> > There won't be any
> change of hostname or IP.> >> >
> friends with PC-to-PC calling -- FREE> >
> http://get.live.com/messenger/overview
Windows Live Spaces is here! It¡¯s easy to create your own personal Web site.
http://spaces.live.com/?mkt=en-sg