Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Excluding directories

2007-02-08 07:02:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Excluding directories
From: khurramtm at gmail.com (Khurram Tariq)
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 17:02:29 +0500
Hi Gurus,

I'm looking at doing the following & I'm not really sure if it is doable or
not. The idea is that I want to backup 3 directories from 4 servers using
one NBU policy. The catch here is I want to exclude some directories from
being backed up from one client. An example of the idea is:

- The filesystems to be defined in the backup selection list are /abc, /xyz,
/klm
- The clients are called client1, client2, client3 and client4 (I cant
believe I was so creative with the naming :-) )
- /abc, /xyz and /klm should be backed up from client1, 2 & 3
- Only /abc should be backed up from client4

Anyone out there doing such a thing? The NBU server & the clients are all
Solaris 9 and NBU version is 5.1 MP5.

Regards