Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] (89) problems encountered during setup of sharedmemory

2007-02-07 09:40:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] (89) problems encountered during setup of sharedmemory
From: jpiszcz at lucidpixels.com (Justin Piszcz)
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 09:40:13 -0500 (EST)
It was actually Paul's post that pointed me in the right direction and
solved my issue.

Re: [Veritas-bu] Linux Shared Memory Configuration
Paul Keating
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:40:55 -0700
Your max shared memory "shmmax" value should be at minimum:

NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS x SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS x "number of tape drives" x "max
multiplex"

I don't have the doc readily available to cite, but in essence,

If you have late model drives that are using a 256k buffer, and you have
4 connected drives, and you multiplex 4 streams per drive, and have 64
buffers configured, then you should have a shmmax of:

262144 x 64 x 4 x 4 = 268435456

Paul