Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1 to 6.5

2007-02-06 20:52:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1 to 6.5
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 19:52:02 -0600
On 2/6/2007 12:06 PM, Bob Stump wrote:
> yeah, if 6.0 was torture .....hook me up with 6.5 as quickly as possible!

The types of changes that had to go into 6.0 are not being done for 6.5.
  You think the developers ever want to go through that again?  :-)

Seriously, the 6.0 upgrade was major brain surgery.  6.5 is hardly like
that - I heard one developer say that NetBackup was *NEVER* going to
have an upgrade that major again.  If I recall correctly, he's been
working at Veritas something like 10 or 20 years.

Personally, I'll be glad that 6.5 won't be as revolutionary as 6.0 was.
  It wasn't a lot of fun for us...

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA