Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Solaris 10 client backup

2007-02-05 14:53:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Solaris 10 client backup
From: Laura.Pekala at PHLX.com (Pekala, Laura)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 14:53:17 -0500
Had the same issue with NBU 5.1,MP5 and SOlaris 10
turned out to be a DNS issue....
try running the following:

"bpclntcmd" is a useful utility that can be run from any Client. It will
help determine if name
resolution is working properly from NetBackup's perspective.
UNIX command location: /usr/openv/netbackup/bin
Switches and variations:
bpclntcmd -pn
bpclntcmd -self
bpclntcmd -hn <hostname_of_masterserver>
bpclntcmd -hn <hostname_of_mediaserver>
bpclntcmd -hn <hostname_of_client>
bpclntcmd -ip <ip_of_masterserver>
bpclntcmd -ip <ip_of_mediaserver>
bpclntcmd -ip <ip_of_client>
>From the master server
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpcoverage -c <client_name>
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpclntcmd -hm <host name of master from clients
bp.conf file>
The goal of these commands is to make sure the hostname is consistently seen
the same way
after each command. Below is an explanation of what each switch does:
-pn - The client process on the host connects to the Master Server and asks
the question "Who
am I?". The second line of the output is the result. This is how the client
process on the host is
being seen by the Master Server.
-self - Checks how this host can be resolved. Ideally, there should be only
1 unique hostname
and 1 unique IP address.
-hn - Checks the given
-ip - Checks the given IP and returns a hostname.
If there is any inconsistency in the results of these commands, correct the
hostname to IP
resolution by either editing the local hosts table or by updating the DNS
database.

Hope it helps.
Laura