Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Anyone running 5.1 on a Solaris 10 master?

2007-02-02 20:13:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Anyone running 5.1 on a Solaris 10 master?
From: Peters.Devon at con-way.com (Peters, Devon C)
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 17:13:28 -0800
Go for Solaris 10, it's worth it.

We've been running 5.1 master servers with Solaris 10 for over a year,
and haven't had any issues with the OS (I definitely prefer it to
Solaris 8/9).  One thing to keep in mind is that when installing 5.1GA,
don't try to start any processes until you either 1) apply MP2 or
greater, or 2) run inetconv -f.

Also, you should run /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/new_clients if you
want Solaris 10 to be a client OS option in the Java GUI.

-Devon