Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vendor Support for Daylight Savings Time

2007-02-02 14:52:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vendor Support for Daylight Savings Time
From: peterschmidt at northwesternmutual.com (peterschmidt AT northwesternmutual DOT com)
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 13:52:32 -0600
A few weeks ago, there were a handful of notes on the upcoming Daylight
Savings Time change and the solutions from different vendors.

Those notes indicated java patches, O/S patches, etc. and various
sources and procedures to obtain and install them.

My impression was that some vendors were either unaware or unsure of the
complete scope of the issue, and so I requested additional assurances.
The latest responses that I had received (from two of our vendors)
indicated that they were conducting a more thorough investigation, and
that results/procedures would be posted near late February.  Given that
many environments are shared, either with other users or other
applications, the scope of the testing and the groups involved needs to
be broadened in order to insure compatibility with apps other than
backup software. Unfortunately, a late February announcement doesn't
leave a lot of time to put those changes through our testing and
implementation lifecycle.

I'm fairly certain some type of solution(s) will be published, but not
so certain that it will happen in a timely matter.

Has anyone else heard similar/dissimilar news? Is anyone else also
getting vague responses on the issue?

Pete Schmidt
Northwestern Mutual
</pre><font face=Arial>This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential
information of Northwestern Mutual. If you are not the intended recipient of
this message, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of
this e-mail and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify Northwestern Mutual immediately by returning it to the
sender and delete all copies from your system. Please be advised that
communications received via the Northwestern Mutual Secure Message Center are
secure. Communications that are not received via the Northwestern Mutual Secure
Message Center may not be secure and could be observed by a third party. Thank
you for your cooperation.</font><pre>