Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Slow restores on Windows Netbackup client

2007-02-01 03:11:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Slow restores on Windows Netbackup client
From: simon.weaver at astrium.eads.net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 08:11:11 -0000
Jason
Where possible, turn off any AV or I/O software that may "hog" the system.
Also, turn off tracker.exe being a Windows System.

Millions of files - well I guess they are going to be small files? If so,
how are the backups configured - are they streaming to a single tape drive
or multiple drives?

Regards

Simon Weaver
3rd Line Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator

EADS Astrium Limited, B23AA IM (DCS)
Anchorage Road, Portsmouth, PO3 5PU

Email:  <mailto:Simon.Weaver at Astrium-eads.net> Simon.Weaver at
Astrium-eads.net