Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RES: Moving assigned media to another volume po ol?

2007-01-31 10:45:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RES: Moving assigned media to another volume po ol?
From: ddunham at taos.com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 07:45:19 -0800 (PST)
> Carlos
> I thought it would cause issues trying to deassign a live volume?

If you do it without reason, yes indeed.  If you make sure to reassign
it properly afterward, then its not a problem.

But I thought the OP said he had NBU 6.0, and he couldn't use
deassignbyid.

vmquery man page
[...]
       -deassignbyid media_id pool_number stat
                 Unassign  volume by media ID, pool, and status. Starting with
                 NetBackup 6.0, this option can  only  deassign non-NetBackup
                 media.

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com