Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RES: Moving assigned media to another volume pool?

2007-01-30 15:23:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RES: Moving assigned media to another volume pool?
From: carlos_listas at yahoo.com.br (Carlos Alberto Lima dos Santos)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 18:23:09 -0200
    You can use the vmquery command with options deassignbyid and assignbyid
and vmchange to change the pool, you need ensure that is not being executed
backups, because those medias will be available until you to use the command
vmquery -assignbyid.

This is an example, I recommend you to test in another tape, before doing in
the definitive tapes

- vmquery -deassignbyid ABC123 2 0
- vmchange -p 1 -m ABC123
- vmquery -assignbyid ABC123 4mm 1 0 1023177993

    The parameters of the commands you can see in administrator's guide or
in the system help. The assign time, last parameter in the assignbyid option
is in julian format, then is better you verify this value before use the
deassignbyid option.

T+

Carlos Alberto Lima dos Santos
Eng. Computa??o ? Jundia? SP-BR