Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Moving assigned media to another volume pool?

2007-01-30 13:52:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Moving assigned media to another volume pool?
From: StumpB at michigan.gov (Bob Stump)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 13:52:31 -0500
obvious suggestion is to duplicate the image onto another tape with the longer
retention set for the duplicate.

>>> "Gravizi, Thomas" <Thomas_Gravizi at steris.com> 1/30/2007 1:24 PM >>>
Greetings all, I need help in finding information how to move assigned media to
a different volume pool.  We recently had a backup job complete that has a 2
month retention on one of our tapes.  That particular media is assigned to 2
month volume pool.  I need to increase the retention of the media to year, and
move that media to our 1 year volume pool.  I know to change the retention
level of the tape I use the bpexpdate command, but I don?t know is how to move
that assigned tape to another volume pool.  In the earlier versions, I used
vmquery *deassignbyid, but in 6.0 that command is non-usable.  We are on 6.0
MP3, running off of Solaris 10. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Thomas
GraviziUNIX Systems AdministratorEnterprise OperationsSTERIS Corporation -
Mentor, OHthomas_gravizi at steris.com440.392.7630 - phone440.350.7078 - fax