Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.0 catalog size

2007-01-30 10:46:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.0 catalog size
From: ddunham at taos.com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 07:46:09 -0800 (PST)
> > That said, my 6.0 machine appears to be using significantly more space
> > for catalogs than my 5.1 machine did on roughly the same backups.  I
> > don't have exact figures because the data under backup has grown and I
> > haven't tried to calculate anything, but I'm sure it's at least 30%
> > bigger, maybe more.
>
> Are you sure it's not the logs?  There is another directory full of logs
> and they can be *huge*.

Which one?  I'm really only comparing the images directory anyway...

# du -sLk /usr/openv/logs /usr/openv/netbackup/logs
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/images
2490504 /usr/openv/logs
14689292        /usr/openv/netbackup/logs
216403304       /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images

My 5.1 machine has about 200G in /usr/openv, but should have around a
year of images.  The 6.0 machine has been doing some backups since May,
but really most of the machines weren't migrated until much later (like
Aug or Sep).

Both machines use catalog compression.

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com