Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RES: RES: Oracle Backup using Netbackup

2007-01-30 10:42:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RES: RES: Oracle Backup using Netbackup
From: carlos_listas at yahoo.com.br (Carlos Alberto Lima dos Santos)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 13:42:34 -0200
    Hi Khokhar,

    I think you didn't understand the configuration using templates very
well. When you create a template, it stay on the master, in the policy you
indicate the template use and choose the pre saved template.

    In the guide you have commands to convert templates in rman scripts, if
I'm not wrong the command is bpdbsbora, after to convert you nees to do the
necessary alterations and use the script. In the guide also has a
troblessoting section, If you create the log directories you will identify
the problem easier.

    The best way to test the backup is you connect in the RMAN and start the
backup, before you need create a default aplication policy on NetBackup to
make a test.

This is an example to a full database backup set
run {
   allocate channel stream1 type 'SBT_TAPE';
   backup format db_%d_s%s_p%p_%t;
   sql 'alter system archive log current';
   backup format arch_%d_s%s_p%p_%t
   (archivelog all delete input);
}

    The netbackup juts works as media manager you can make all tests using
the RMAN. A good RMAN guide will help you.

T+

Carlos Alberto Lima dos Santos
Eng. Computa??o ? Jundia? SP-BR
*  <mailto:carlos_listas at yahoo.com.br> carlos_listas at yahoo.com.br