Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RES: Oracle Backup using Netbackup

2007-01-30 08:34:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RES: Oracle Backup using Netbackup
From: ssesar at mitre.org (Steven L. Sesar)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 08:34:45 -0500
If the database is in NOARCHIVELOG mode, you will only be able to take
COLD backups.

Error code 6 is incredibly generic. It could be many things - there's no
way to troubleshoot based on that error code. We'll need a bit more
information before we can help you , such as the template you're using,
perhaps the error strings from the RMAN log?

--Steve

Jerry Rioux wrote:

> You may want to make sure that the database is in archive log mode. I
> have gotten that error before putting the db into archive log mode.
>

> Jerry Rioux
>
> Enterprise Systems Engineer
>
> Help Desk 1-888-746-6478
>
> www.incat.com <http://www.incat.com>

===================================

   Steven L. Sesar
   Lead Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
   UNIX Application Services R101
   The MITRE Corporation
   202 Burlington Road - MS K101
   Bedford, MA 01730