Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] moving image directories and catalog backups

2007-01-29 16:41:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] moving image directories and catalog backups
From: ddunham at taos.com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 13:41:46 -0800 (PST)
In pre-6 days, if I was constrained on my filesystems, I might
symlink image directories to a larger space and then modify the
directories that the offline catalog backup captured so that the new
space was included.

Just looking through the admin guide, I'm not sure if the hot catalog
process would follow any image symlinks, or if there's a way to
notify it about additional data for backup.

Is this valid or is there anything else to do?

Thanks!

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com