Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Command to show what slot a media is in?

2007-01-25 12:21:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Command to show what slot a media is in?
From: Jason.Ellis at indymacbank.com (Ellis, Jason)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:21:56 -0800
Is there a NetBackup command that will show you what slot a particular
media ID is in a library? Not necessarily what it might physically be,
as in actually instructing the robot to inventory the library. Simply
what slot the media ID is assigned to as per the media database.

What I'm trying to accomplish is a script to automate a very manual
process. We have a lot of remote sites with libraries that don't have
barcode readers. As such we need to e-mail the on-site contact each day
the media ID and slot number to pull media from, and then they e-mail us
back the new media ID they put in to replace it and we manually add it
in. I'm trying to script the first e-mail that lists all the remote
sites, what media ID to remove, the slot it is in, and the retention of
the media. The only thing I don't know of a command for is the slot for
a particular media.

Thanks!

Jason Ellis
Technical Consultant, Data Protection Team
IndyMac Bank, La Mirada Datacenter
Phone: (714) 520-3414
Mobile: (714) 889-8734