Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows Java Update

2007-01-25 09:17:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows Java Update
From: JMARTI05 at intersil.com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:17:57 -0500
Working on updating NBU to the new Timezone change in the US and
following the documentation below...

For Solaris, Linux,  and Windows systems go to:
http://java.sun.com/javase/tzupdater_README.html
<http://java.sun.com/javase/tzupdater_README.html>

a. Under the Installation section,  select the link to the Sun Java SE
download site

b. On the downloads page,  select the JDK US DST Timezone Update Tool -
1.0 from the list to download the update tool

b. You must log in using a valid Sun Online account to download.  There
is an option to register and create a new account if needed.

c. Once you are logged in,  agree to the license. This is required to
download the tool.

d. Click on the Java(TM) 2 SDK, Standard Edition - US DST timezone tool
1.0.0 to download the tzupdater-1_0_0.zip file

e. Extract the files to a temporary directory on the system, e.g.
/tmp/javatz on Solaris and Linux, C:\javatz on Windows.

f. Update the NetBackup implementation of the JRE:

For Solaris and Linux systems:

# cd /usr/openv/java/jre/bin

# ./java -jar /tmp/javatz/tzupdater2006p/tzupdater.jar -u -v

For Windows systems:

% cd <install_dir>\VERITAS\Java\jre\bin

% java -jar C:\javatz\tzupdater2006p\tzupdater.jar -u -v

There is no \VERITAS\Java\jre\bin folder in my install (Windows 2003 SP1
- 6.0 MP4)  It looks to me like java is installed in
\VERITAS\NetBackupDB\java.  Has anyone updated this yet?  I'm usually
not a stickler for directories etc... but this is a fresh install and
either 1) Their documentation is wrong (very likely) or 2) I don't need
to run this update.

-Jonathan